Smallgoods Technical Committee
AMIC's representation for the Smallgoods Industry Group includes the steering of a Smallgoods Technical Committee. It is a sub-committee of the National Smallgoods Industry Council. The purpose of the Smallgoods Technical Committee is to review technical and topical matters specific to the Australian Smallgoods industry.
The Technical Committee deals wtih many issues, some being:
- MLA Food Safety Activities
- Listeria Risk Assessment
- Listeria Advisory Brochure
- Abuse of Product at Retail Level
- Acidified Sodium Chlorite Treatments
- UCFM Expert Panel Report
- Food Safety Advisory Group
- Cooling of Cooked Meats
- Common Food Safety Audits
- Shelf Life and its Effect on the Industry PAPER
- Draft Export Meat Orders
- Imported Pig Meat Risk Assessment
Papers on each of these topics are available to Members by contacting the AMIC National Office in Sydney. The National Office can also assist on other technical issues affecting smallgoods manufacturers, including issues concerning manufacturers operating at retail premises.
Contact Us for more information.